Getting to Know Zentangle and Mandala Artist – Lady Zadzakia (@ladyzadzakia)
It is said that Art is like poetry that enriches the soul, connects one to its deeper realizations and awakens the soul to a higher perspective. In the words of the master Leonardo Da Vinci, “A painter should begin every canvas with a wash of black because all things in nature are dark except where exposed by the light“
With changing times, Art is not confined to canvas and oil painting only. We now have various forms and mediums of art and we feel that traditional or digital, every art piece is beautiful. The effort, love, and dedication that every artist puts in his or her work is something to be appreciated, valued, and treasured always. Instagram is a great platform where you can showcase your talents in any field, but especially in Art. So we at Weekendtrivia tried to connect to artists across the globe and tried to know them better for us and for our viewers. Today we get to know creative Zentangle and Mandala Artist – Lady Zadzakia.
An artist with a deep unique sense of personal touch in every artwork that she creates, Lady Zadzakia fuels her passion for art while shuffling her busy life with her kids and family. In this ‘Me Time’ where she paints her imaginations, she creates wonderful and beautifully depicted pieces of art which will leave the onlooker enthralled. The best thing about her that she does not do art for personal gain. Whatever art she sells goes to charity. Hats-off to her. Read on to know more about her.
Follow her on –
Instagram – @ladyzadzakia
P.S. All the pictures and videos are owned by ©Lady Zadzakia and reproduction in any form, without prior permission, is prohibited
Q. Please introduce yourself.
– Hello, my name is Lady Zadzakia, from Indonesia. Married with 3 children.
Q. What made you start your art page? Please share what is your Instagram profile is all about and how did your journey start?
– My IG is @ladyzadzakia. It is about my world…Art and Baking. My journey starts when I was teaching my kids drawing and I just realized that drawing is my passion. I was an art student (before getting married) and after that, I got busy with kids and chores and forgot about art…for 13 years! One day, while teaching art to my kids for school homework, I realized that art is my passion. After that, I started posting on IG and since then when I draw, it becomes my “Me Time”.
Q. Is being an artist your full-time profession or do you work elsewhere? Is it possible to make a sustainable career out of art in today’s world?
– When I can, I sell my art for Charity purpose
Q. What is your signature style of art that represents you as an artist? What does your work aim to say? Do you address current world scenarios through your work?
– My art style is Zentangle Mandala art, but I put my personal touch, my emotions into it. My art is so personal, it’s like a diary to me. It shows what I feel about the world that surrounds me.
Q. What is your favourite medium to work upon? And your favourite work tools?
– My favourite medium is paper (Watercolor paper) and my favourite art tools are drawing pen and brush pen.
Q. When you start a new piece of art, how do you get the inspiration/motivation it? How long does it take approximately to finish one piece of art?
– When I have time or a sudden idea, or when I have feelings to express, I start drawing on that sketch and after that finishing, it depends on how much and when I have time to do it. Sometimes when queuing for the doctor, or when I wait for kids from school etc. So the time to finish is from 2 hours to days.
Q. Who are your biggest influences?
– My biggest influence is my Dad (He is an artist too)
Q. How do you manage your family life along with other commitments and running a page?
– My IG is just for fun, so I open it when I have time, make engagement with my IG friends etc. But when I am busy, I look at for a short time. My family is my priority.
Q. What are the biggest challenges that you face as an artist? Is creative block a common problem?
– The biggest challenge is to find time to do my art and the art block sometimes happen. But because I always remember that I do art for fun and for ‘me time’ so I just enjoy it and the ideas come back again.
Q. Which current art world trends are you following if any?
– I think I am not following any trends, but sometimes I enjoy following art events like ‘Inktober’ or ‘Mandalatober’ that is held by the art community in the IG world.
Q. Apart from being an artist, what are your hobbies?
– My other hobby is baking
Q. Please share your experience with different brands/projects you have worked with?
– I worked with many different brands such as @mozartsupplies, @tombowid, @snowmanid, @duniamaped, @titijoyco etc. I think it is a nice experience to try new tools, experiment with them. It is a very good experience for me, to know which one is good for what kind of art. I am always happy and ready to extend my cooperation to them.
Q. There are a lot of shoddy people on social media who either try to discredit others or stalk them. How do you deal with such people or negativity in general? Does it bog you down or affect your mental peace?
– Yes, I too had a lot of ‘Drama’ on my IG. At first, it made me down but in the long run, I realized that the consequences are for me too. So just block them and focus with the good ones that always support each other.
Q. Would you like to give a word of advice to all the budding artists who are trying to make their mark through their art?
– Do it for your sake, don’t do it for followers or other people. Never stop learning. And make your art stand out by adding your own style and soul to your work.
Q. What are your future plans for your page and profile? Are you happy with the way it has shaped up?
– Just flow with the wind, have fun and I will be happy if my art helps other people. Yes, I am happy with my IG.
Q. Lastly, any word for our blog? Thank you for your time!
– Thanks for this interview. I hope it will inspire others.
Thank you, Lady Zadzakia, for taking out time to talk to us, and having such a wonderful and heart-to-heart conversation. We love your work and look forward to your continuously bringing more Beauty to our feed! All the best <3